Aug 22, 2011

Welcome to Long Beach . . .

I survived the California roadways and made it to Long Beach. Apparently no one drives the speed limit or uses their blinker. All I have to say is thank the the Lord for Garmin GPS. I arrived at about 1pm yesterday and spent the first hour and a half unloading my car into my bedroom which happens to be located on the fourth floor - AWESOME! The weather surprisingly reminds me of home though it doesn't cool off quite as much and there seems to always be a little breeze blowing. My room is pretty well unpacked - I bought a small book shelf to put "stuff" on and assembled that this morning. I am looking for a chair and possibly a small desk or something that could work like a desk, we'll see how long the cooler the computer is currently sitting on lasts. I didn't take many pictures on the way down; I just wanted to get where I was going with as few stops as possible. Would you believe that the only gas stations I stopped at in California so far have all had restrooms that were "closed for repairs" ... just my luck I guess. Ashland was wonderful, it was so fun to see so many good plays and a nice relaxing prologue to my California Adventure. The huckleberries survived and so did I :) Here are a few pictures of the new place:
#1 my room just after unpacking the Honda

#2 My room this morning after assembling the shelf and most everything put away


#3 My closet(s)


#4 The view from my bedroom balcony - we have a very similar one out our front door


#5 Looking down from my balcony


I'll put some pictures up of the rest of the place once it is more put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment