Oct 7, 2011

Two more reviews . . .

Two more reviews were published this week detailing our show "How the World Began." I am happy to report that these were much more positive reviews which seems to agree with the general perception of our audiences. SCR has been trying something new with our show and hosting talk-backs after EVERY performance. This is their way of gauging audience reaction and so far it seems to have been very successful. On occasion one of the actors joins the host on stage but it is usually some one from the literary department or the artistic director. So far I have been too busy putting props away and making sure everything is where it should be before we go home that I only catch bits and pieces of what is being discussed but as I said before people seem to be enjoying the show and the talk back.

The two reviews:

http://www.examiner.com/arts-in-los-angeles/austen-s-pride-treischmann-s-new-world-at-south-coast-rep

http://www.dailypilot.com/entertainment/tn-dpt-1007-titus-20111006,0,6084511.story

We are heading into another 5 performance weekend tonight so I conditioned myself by laying out at the pool for a few hours. Can you believe it is October 7th and it is warm enough to lay outside at the pool? It was quite nice and I was joined by to foreign exchange students who are studying at USC-LB. They are two very nice girls from Germany who seem to be fascinated by my work at a theatre. They both are in an introduction to theatre course and are always very excited to tell me about their most recent assignments and ask my opinion on various aspects of what they are learning-it makes for an interesting afternoon.
Happy FRIDAY to whomever reads this little blog! Enjoy your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment