Mar 19, 2012

Plum Tart

This was so easy to make and tasted so delicious!

A Simple Plum Tart


INGREDIENTS:


pie crust or 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 14.1-oz. pkg.)
1
oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
4
plums (3/4 lb.), sliced (I ended up using about 4 and a half plums)
3
cup granulated sugar (used less than half of this because I prefer sour to sweet)
1/4
Tbsp. flour
2
    1    tsp. cinnamon (I used closer to 2 tsp.)
DIRECTIONS:
HEAT oven to 450ºF.
LINE 10-inch pie plate with pie crust. Carefully spread cream cheese into 6-inch circle on center of crust.
TOSS plums with granulated sugar and flour; place over cream cheese. Gently fold edge of crust about 2 inches over plums, leaving center uncovered; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
BAKE 25 min. or until crust is golden brown and fruit juices are bubbly. 
SERVE warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
*Having made this recipe I think I will probably omit the cream cheese the next time I make this. I have to admit the cream cheese tasted a little odd when paired with  the ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment