Aug 2, 2012

Three more shows

Three more shows and it's back to California I go. I will write more about all of the shows I've seen after I've watched the last three. It has been a pretty wonderful week of theatre so far and I'll finish out my shows with three Shakespearean works: As You Like It, Troilus and Cressida and Romeo and Juliet.

I was organizing my suit case this morning and came across a piece of paper I got in Seussical rehearsals. It is titled "A few 'Thinks' Fro the Authors" and I absolutely love what it says:

"Dr. Seuss believes in helping a friend, in not giving up, in keeping a promise. He believes in the value and dignity of others, in working to preserve the fragile sweetness of the natural world, and he believes that peace is the ultimate ideal, among nations and in every heart. He also believes in the pure power of the imagination. You will find all these serious concerns at the heart of 'Seussical'."

I just love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment