Aug 14, 2012

Tuesday

It's Tuesday, it feels like it should be Thursday but it is not. It is definitely Tuesday. Yesterday was my first day off in 7 days and it was quite nice. I spent the morning reading my book and helping bake a birthday cake and then in the evening went to dinner with SCR friends to celebrate a birthday at a place called "Panini Cafe" - some sort of Italian/Mediterranean food - REALLY YUMMY! After dinner we went mini-golfing and played in the arcade. I was second in mini-golf by 3 strokes and had 3 hole-in-ones. Had the course been in better shape I'm pretty sure I would have had a few more hole-in-ones and the first place title. It was quite the evening and a great way to spend a day off. I am actually off until Friday - not sure what exactly the next 3 days have in store but most of my spare time involves me trying to stay cool. It has been in the 90's all week and humid. I think it is the humidity that really puts me over the edge. You just can't get away from being sticky ALL the time. Thank goodness for swimming pools, glasses of ice water and fans.

This is a picture of the Seussical Cast and Crew: 


We had a great opening weekend - 4 houses that were all really close to being sold out. The opening show was a little crazy - things happening on stage and off that had never happened before. Costume pieces falling off, set pieces falling apart, students missing entrances, an usher trying to stop an actor from going on stage, kids missing costume pieces after a quick change - the list is longer but those are a few of the mishaps. We on the deck crew were definitely pulling our hair out but we survived and moved on to much improved second, third and fourth shows. With the exception of the air conditioning not working properly it was a pretty successful weekend. Click on this link to read a blog post from the perspective of one of the student cast members and see some behind the scenes photos.
We have 5 more shows - one Friday, two on Saturday and two on Sunday and then I'm headed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment