Apr 16, 2013

27

Yesterday, I turned 27. I feel extra old, I mean even the movie "The Sandlot" turned 20 this year, I have a 30 year old brother (so I guess I'm not that old) but if not older I am definitely wiser. It was the first birthday I have celebrated in MANY years (I was counting and I really think it is over 10) that I have not been at some sort of theatre rehearsal. It makes sense though if you think about it because that is roughly how long I've been pretty actively involved in theatre. I celebrated last night with a wonderful group of new friends. I made a crock-pot full of soup and everyone brought something to share be it salad, cake, wine or some other tasty drink made of vodka and pineapple. We started late in the evening because Monday is our day to get stuff done - laundry, grocery shopping, bank attending etc - I found a nice box in the mail room with my name on it and it came full of all kinds of wonderful little things and then festivities ended quite early in the morning. In fact I'm not sure when the last time I stayed up until nearly 3 am was. We laughed, talked, danced and participated in general merry-ment. There is talk of making Monday at the "Wimer House" a regular occurance - we'll see what happens. A photo of the remnants of my birthday celebration:


sorry it is a little blurry - again snapped with my phone but I wanted to catch it before the lilac wilted and figured I better do it now while I have time. Both cards were hand made for me - the one in the middle says "there are a thousand miracles to behold"which I just love. It is simple but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment