Apr 4, 2013

New Place


Tree in full bloom outside "The New Place" or our rehearsal hall for the upcoming weeks.
Everything smells so good here - there are flowers blooming everywhere and the days have been nicely warm. We started rehearsals today with a show introduction and then a read through. I am so excited to be working with these people. Our director is from The Twin Cities so every time he talks (which is often) I feel like I am talking to my cousins. I wish I had a tape recorder during the show introduction because I would have loved for you all to hear the passion he has for this show. The play is about change, connection, heart, adventure and so many more things. It is a new telling of an old tale and the best part is that it was described at one point as a "journey into the heart of the forest that goes a little Monty Python." It's been a long day - complete with an allergic reaction to something tree nut though I'm not exactly sure where it came from just that it happened 3 hours before rehearsal started and I wasn't going to let it ruin my first day and it didn't - so I'm going to get some sleep. One last thought though, as posed by our director, "What makes us rich?" - this question is at the heart of Robin Hood's story and the answer finds itself as the story unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment