Apr 16, 2013

Tracking



The photo above relates to this post in that it is a very small snapshot of my world of tracking in the realm of stage management - lots of pages to sort through, sticky notes for side notes to come back to, words to revisit. 

track
verb
1: follow the course or trail of (someone or something), typically in order to      find them or note their location at various points:
       follow and note the course or progress of
       [no object] follow a particular course
       (of a stylus) follow
I more often find myself tracking - stuff - at rehearsals. Words mostly - new ones, old ones, deleted, added and/switched around ones but also scenery, props, instruments, breaks – all kinds of stuff. I thought of this concept for a blog entry while listening to a conversation I was engaging in. I've begun to track this whole "Diversity and Inclusion at OSF" idea that is being embraced by this company, to try to sort out how exactly I fit in to it all. While diversity is not at all foreign to me, I did grow up in a rather un-diverse locale as compared to other places I could have grown up. These conversations I've been a part of are thought provoking, enlightening and even entertaining at times but tracking them, connecting the ideas to my world and starting to think about how I, myself, can implement them or relate to them is what I find most interesting. To sum up "Diversity Inclusion" in as few words as possible because I believe it embodies a pretty big overall concept or idea I look to the words of the all knowing osfashland.org website:

“We believe the inclusion of diverse people, ideas, cultures and traditions enriches both our insights into the work we present on stage and our relationships with each other. We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work and in our audiences.”

These are ALL good and exciting things. The conversation is far from over and I will continue to track it wherever it may lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment